Do you have to reprogram the key fob after changing the battery?
Key fobs are a wonderful way of being able to access your vehicle from far away. However, like anything else that is battery operated, the battery often has to be changed. Do you have to reprogram the key fob after changing the battery? Usually, you do not need to reprogram the key fob. But, on the rare occasion that you do, you can follow the steps below.
How do I reprogram my key fob?
More information about your vehicle’s key fob can be found in your owner’s manual. If you do not wish to use the steps below, please call our Service Department at Fox Toyota. We would be more than happy to take a look at what is happening with your key fob and reprogram it for you!
- Put the key into the ignition and remove it twice in five seconds
- Open and close the driver door twice in forty seconds
- Put the key in the ignition and remove it
- Open and close the driver door twice in forty seconds again
- Put the key in the ignition and close the driver’s door
- Turn the ignition on and back to lock three times in one-second intervals
- Remove the key from the ignition and allow the locks to cycle
- Test out the fob to see if it works