How to change my windshield wiper blades at home
You have been using your wiper blades a lot lately, but you have noticed that they make a funny noise when you turn them on, they do not really clean off your windshield, and the rubber does not look at thick as it used to. Do you know what all of this means? It is time to replace your windshield wipers! Not sure how to do this? Keep reading as we walk you through step by step how to change my windshield wiper blades at home.
Where do I get windshield wipers from?
Excellent question, and the perfect place to begin! At Fox Toyota in Clinton, we have the parts that you need to service your vehicle at home. This includes wiper blades. Stop on and our friendly staff members will help you pick the correct wiper blades for your vehicle.
How do I change the blades?
You now have the correct blades for your vehicle. It is time to put them on!
- Open up the new blades so that they are ready to go.
- Lift the windshield wiper arm off of your windshield and turn the blade perpendicular.
- Locate the release tab and unhook the blade from the arm.
- Put the new wiper blade into the hook and double-check that the rubber is facing the windshield.
- Repeat these steps for the other wiper.
- Make sure that all of the plastic has been removed from the rubber.
- Test out your new wipers and make sure that they work properly.
Where can I have my windshield wipers replaced near Knoxville?
Not interested in replacing your windshield wipers yourself? Schedule an appointment at Fox Toyota in Clinton today. Our trusted Toyota certified technicians will have you back on the road in no time. In addition, they will use genuine Toyota windshield wipers. If you are interested in learning more, please call us at 865-425-1906.